|- The Ice Cream market in Hong Kong is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 3.7% in US$ terms during 2015-2020|
- Hong Kong's consumers are opting for value for money products in the Ice Cream market
- The 'Take-Home and Bulk Ice Cream' category accounts for the highest Off-trade & On-trade volume consumption in Hong Kong
- On-trade sales account for the majority distribution share in Artisanal Ice Cream And 'Take-Home and Bulk Ice Cream' categories
- Hagen-Dazs is the leading brand in the 'Take-Home and Bulk Ice Cream' category in Hong Kong
- Flexible Packaging is the most commonly used packaging material in Hong Kong's Ice Cream market
|A positive economic growth and high incomes of consumers is driving the Ice Cream market in Hong Kong. The market is led by the 'Take-Home and Bulk Ice Cream' category in both Off-trade and On-trade volume consumption. The 'Impulse Ice Cream - Single Serve' category is forecast to register fastest growth in Off-trade sales during 2015-2020. On-trade sales account for the highest distribution share of Ice Cream in the country. General Mills, Inc., Nestle S.A. and Unilever Plc are the leading players in Hong Kong's Ice Cream market.|
Report Source Information
|Supplied by: Research and Experts|
|Date Published: 2016-12-31|
Report: Consumer and Market Insights: Ice Cream in Hong Kong
- Report Scope
- Macroeconomic indicators - GDP Per Capita, Population, Consumer Price Index and Age Profile
- Retail and foodservice analysis - Key Takeaways
- Value and volume analysis for Hong Kong's Ice Cream market
- Degree of trade up/down in Hong Kong's Ice Cream market (On-trade and Off-trade)
- Volume analysis by category (On-trade and Off-trade analysis)
- Market value and growth rates, by category (On-trade and Off-trade analysis)
- Historic and forecast value analysis by category
- Winners and losers by categories with change in market share
- Segment share (Off-trade / On-trade) in a category (value terms) and change in market share
- Average category level pricing
Retail Landscape and Key Distribution Channels
- Leading retailers in Hong Kong's Food market
- Leading distribution channels (value terms) in Hong Kong's Ice Cream market
- Leading distribution channels (value terms) by category
- Market share of leading brands (in value) by category
- Penetration of private label by category in Hong Kong's Ice Cream market
- Private label growth (in value terms) compared to brands
- Ice Cream market by type of packaging material/container (in volume terms)
- Ice Cream market by type of packaging closure/outer (in volume terms)
- Ice Cream market by type of packaging, forecast (in volume terms)
- Country context
- Category value and volume data
- Sector Overview
- Segment data
- Packaging data
- Category definitions
- Segment definitions
- Channel definitions
List of Tables
|Table 1: Country Indicators - overall food value and volume, 2015|
Table 2: Market value analysis in US$, 2010-2020
Table 3: Market volume growth analysis, 2010-2020
Table 4: Market volume growth, by category, 2015-2020
Table 5: Market volume growth, by category (Off-trade), 2015-2020
Table 6: Market volume growth, by category (On-trade), 2015-2020
Table 7: Segment level analysis by category, 2015
Table 8: Average prices (HKD and US$) by category, 2015
Table 9: Leading retailers
Table 10: Leading brands by category, 2015
List of Figures
|Figure 1: Macro economic analysis: GDP per capita, Population, CPI (2010-2015), Age Profile (2015)|
Figure 2: Foodservice transactions by sectors, profit and cost, 2015
Figure 3: Market volume analysis, 2010-2020
Figure 4: Consumers purchase behavior - Trading up/down (Off-trade), 2015
Figure 5: Consumers purchase behavior - Trading up/down (On-trade), 2015
Figure 6: Market volume share analysis by category, 2015
Figure 7: Market value growth analysis by category (Off-trade), 2010-2020
Figure 8: Market value growth analysis by category (On-trade), 2010-2020
Figure 9: Historic and forecast value analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 10: Change in market share by category, 2015-2020
Figure 11: Leading distribution channels, overall Food, 2011-2014
Figure 12: Leading distribution channels, overall Ice Cream market, 2015
Figure 13: Leading distribution channels by category, 2015
Figure 14: Brand share analysis by category (by value), 2015
Figure 15: Private label penetration by category, 2015
Figure 16: Private label and brand share growth, 2012-2015
Figure 17: Packaging analysis - key packaging material, container, closure and outer type, 2015
Figure 18: Growth in key packaging material, container, closure and outer type, 2015-2020
Consumer and Market Insights report on the Ice Cream market in Hong Kong provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
|Language Code: EN|
|Region: Hong Kong|
|Report Type: Market Report|
|Industry: Food, Drink and Tobacco|
Appolo Ice Cream Co Ltd Binggrae Co. Ltd. General Mills Inc. Kowloon Dairy Limited Nestle S.A. Unilever Plc Meiji Holdings Co. Ltd
Reasons to buy this report
|- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis |
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
Consumer and Market Insights: Ice Cream in Hong Kong
The Research and Experts relevance ranting consists of a set of figure of merit (FOM) values that are provided as an indication of the value of the report in the current economic environment.
These FOM values cannot take into account the reason for the clients interest in a report and therefore the client should view these FOM values only as a visual guide. The FOM scores are based on
market interest - how often the report is viewed or purchased,
Branch ID: 1424
The taxonomy on the left shows the ancestors of the Hong Kong node. This provides an insight into parent categories that may provide reports or articles that may compliment this report. The number in brackets after the node name indicates the number of reports that Research and Experts currently have in the parent category.
Clicking on a parent category will present the list of reports in the parent node in a separate window.
Branch ID: 409
The taxonomy on the left shows the ancestors of the Food node. This provides an insight into parent categories that may provide reports or articles that may compliment this report. The number in brackets after the node name indicates the number of reports that Research and Experts currently have in the parent category.
The global food and beverages market is worth almost US$7trillion with retail food products accounting for almost US$4trillion. The food industry includes products such as dairy foods, meat and poultry, cereals, fruit and vegetables, seafood etc. Key trends in the industry include health, sustainability and convenience as the world's population increases, incomes rise and increased urbanisation. The UN has identified that the world will need 70% more food to sustain a global population of 9.6 billion by 2050.
One of the fast growing segments of the market is the demand for functional foods, foods which offer greater health benefits.
The main producers of food are in Europe and the US. Both production and consumption of food is increasing in developing countries with these countries accounting for an increasing production of food commodities.
Challenges facing the sector include water shortages, food security as the global population grows, the environmental impact of increased food production, increased competition amongst suppliers of prepared food manufacturers and legislative issues as laid down by CAP (Common Agriculture Policy) in Europe and WTO (World Trade Organisation).
One of our publishers, Plimsoll, have analysed the Food Manufacture market and have delivered a comprehensive individual analysis on the top 500 companies, including AGRO TECH FOODS LIMITED, AMERICAN LORAIN CORP and ARGUS SA.
Research and Experts provide the latest trends and statistics on the global food industry.
Food, Drink and Tobacco
The Food, Drink and Tobacco industry is kept current and ready to adapt to market trends with our range of industry intelligence reports.
Changes in food and drink consumption have been mostly driven by increased urbanisation and growing middle classes globally. The demand for higher quality food stuffs is rising with increased demand for high protein foods such as meat and dairy.
The soft drinks sector has also benefitted from the globalisation of higher value foods. This has been a rapidly growing sector with increased sales in Asia and Eastern Europe. For further information see our Plimsoll reports on this subject.
The Tobacco industry has been suffering since the 1990's as a result of government intervention in many countries to control the levels of addiction amongst citizens. However, the tobacco industry has remained one of the most profitable industries in the world with companies adept at moving into new markets and adapting to new technology. The electronic cigarette is most disputive product in this sector. Plimsoll have published an extensive report on TOBACCO MANUFACTURERS (Global) market and delivers a comprehensive individual analysis on the top 250 companies, including ALTADIS CANARIAS SA., BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO ESPANA SA and BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO NEDERLAND B.V..
Reseach and Experts aim to provide you with the most comprehensive collection of market research reports on the food, drink and tobacco industries globally.
Buy: Consumer and Market Insights: Ice Cream in Hong Kong
Item Code: 01GZ-CS3387MF
|Licence: Single User|
Page created and rendered - Cache updated [0.11647s]